It’s really not possible to maintain a healthy and fully functioning smile if adult teeth are missing. However, patients can rebuild the strength, function, and beauty of their smiles with treatment for missing teeth. The most beneficial tooth loss treatment is dental implants. Dental implants are the only restoration that can address tooth loss in its entirety, replacing the crowns of missing teeth, and functioning as artificial tooth roots. Dental implant treatment allows patients to benefit from restorations that are strong, durable, and comfortable. With the many advantages of dental implants, it should not be surprising that these restorations are more costly than some other alternatives. Still, most patients find that the benefits of dental implants are well worth the cost. Here, we discuss the many factors that go into calculating dental implant costs at our Honolulu, HI practice.
Dental Implant Costs
In researching the cost of dental implant treatment, many patients notice that there is a wide range of treatment quotes. This is because there are many factors that go into determining the final cost of dental implant treatment. The following are all important aspects that can affect the cost of dental implant treatment:
- The number of implants needed: One factor that goes into determining dental implant costs is how many implants are needed. The number of implants that are needed will depend on how many teeth are missing and what type of restoration will be used to replace the teeth (a crown, bridge, or dentures).
- Type of restoration: Dental implant treatment does depend, in part, on the type of restorations that are anchored to the implants. The type of restoration that is anchored to the implant can affect the final cost of treatment, as can the materials that are used to compose the restoration (porcelain or composite).
- Dental implant materials: The materials used to manufacture the dental implant will also affect the cost of dental implant treatment. It is important to use a dental implant that is strong enough to withstand the everyday wear and tear the teeth are exposed to on a daily basis.
- Experience of the oral surgeon: It may be tempting to go with a dental implant surgeon that is offering a low treatment quote. However, when costs are significantly lower, it is often due to inexperience. When it comes to an important oral surgery procedure, such as dental implant placement, experience is extremely important. An experienced oral surgeon, such as Dr. Rohinton Patel, minimizes surgical risks and ensures the success of treatment.
- Expense of additional procedures: Many patients require additional treatments to prepare the mouth for dental implant placement. This may include restorative treatments to address decay or infection, or a bone grafting procedure to strengthen the jawbone. These procedures will increase the final cost of implant treatment.
Because of the wide variety of factors that go into calculating dental implant costs, it really is not possible to provide patients with a treatment quote until seeing them for a personalized consultation. Dr. Patel can examine each patient to provide an accurate estimate for the cost of rebuilding a damaged smile with dental implants.
Schedule a Consultation
Dental implants replace missing teeth and restore a strong, healthy, beautiful smile for our patients. If you’d like to learn more about dental implant treatment, schedule a consultation with Dr. Rohinton Patel at your earliest convenience.